Job title: Software and Embedded Systems Engineer
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 pa + share options
Application deadline: 31 August 2017
Suggested start date: 2 October 2017
Oxford HighQ aims at developing new analytical tools for nanoparticle and chemical sensing based on optical microresonators. Our core technology relies on open microcavities, which confine light within wavelength-scale volumes. Trapped photons interact up to 10,000 times with an analyte within the microcavity volume, vastly amplifying sensitivity.
We are currently looking to transfer these laboratory-based experiments into robust portable devices for commercial release. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced engineer in embedded systems, firmware and software development to join our team.
Oxford HighQ will be based within one of Oxford’s Innovation Centres, offering a unique environment in which world-class scientists work alongside entrepreneurs and industrial colleagues to translate cutting-edge research into commercial opportunities. The vibrant start-up community offers many opportunities for networking and regular social events.
Working at the core of our product development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Design and realisation of a PC-based platform for measurement and automation systems
- Development of real-time data analysis methodology
- Design and realisation of microcontroller embedded systems with real-time computing abilities
- Development of software with graphical user interface
- Management and delivery of projects within time and budget constraints
- Development of innovative and feasible solutions within the project’s framework
- Communication with customers and suppliers
- Strong expertise in embedded systems, firmware and software development
- Experience in product development for industry
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Industrial experience in photonics
- Expertise in PCI eXtension for Instrumentation (PXI)
- Knowledge of common scientific software packages (Matlab, LabVIEW, and/or Python)
- Experience in field programmable gate array (FPGA) coding
To find out more please email email@example.com
If you wish to apply, please send a CV, a cover letter addressing the listed criteria, and contact details for two referees.